Dr. P. Phillips Hospital

Dr. Philip Phillips' first orange grove in Orange County, along the south shore of Sand Lake, was purchased in 1905.  This original grove property was made available in 1981 to Orlando Health for the construction of Sand Lake Hospital, which opened four years later.

Dr. P. Phillips HospitalPhoto credit: Steven Graffham 9/19/08

In 2006, continuing its efforts to impact positively the lives of the area's residents and to provide for the area's growing healthcare needs, Dr. Phillips Charities, comprised of The Dr. P. Phillips Foundation and Dr. Phillips, Inc., pledged $5 million in support of Orlando Health's major capital and program needs.  At the time, this was the largest gift in the 53-year history of Dr. Phillips Charities.  In recognition of the sustained major support of Dr. Phillips Charities over the years, Orlando Health renamed Sand Lake Hospital the "Dr. P. Phillips Hospital" on January 27, 2007 --- a date chosen to commemorate the birthday of Dr. Philip Phillips.

In November 2008, the Dr. P. Phillips Hospital opened its doors to an expansion project that doubled the size of the hospital from 150 to 300 beds.  The expanded hospital facilities provide enhanced, state of the art patient care to the Dr. Phillips community.

orlando web design